Saturday, February 18, 2012

I like to improvise.

We are passing over the beautiful, snow-covered Alps (Feb. 9) on the flight to Beauvais near Paris. A bright, sunny day. I'm imagining skiers down there. Too high to see. I'm expecting freezing temperatures upon arrival. And catching a shuttle bus into Paris and to Charles de Gaulle Airport. Thinking about setting up camp at the airport. In the terminal. Overnight. Rather than checking into a hotel. Unless I get there plenty early. And discover a hotel within easy walking distance. If it's late, don't want to risk oversleeping and missing my flight back to the USA. Wanna make the best of my time. Maybe I can sprawl on several chairs without arms. Had armless chairs at the airport in Cagliari in Sardinia. But I was wide awake and had no need to sleep. I can sleep in an airport. Sitting up. A headband over my eyes. Or I can take to the hard marble floor. Using my backpack. As a pillow. I like to improvise. -Jim Broede

No comments: