Friday, February 3, 2012

I like the total package.

It's difficult pigeon-holing people. Deciding what and who they really are. Not certain that I want to. Because invariably, many of 'em are a whole lot of things. Full of contradictions. Which is all right. Most of us probably are that way. Inconsistent. For instance, some of my close personal friends are mavericks and comformists. All at the same time. They go their own way in many matters. But still, in other ways, they like to blend in. Not be noticed. And they do this by acting like everybody else. My Italian true love is something like that. She can stand up for principle. And take a moral stand, for instance, that gets her in trouble and noticed. Maybe even shunned by some of her associates. But to me, that's an admirable trait. On the other hand, she's a comformist. On what seems to me very silly matters. Maybe even to the point of hiding her true self. Just to avoid being noticed. People draw all sorts of lines. I do. Possibly for no valid reason. Other than, I just feel like it. I'm far more likely to stir up trouble/turbulence than my true love. But she's a perfectly capable troublemaker. When she wants to be. I find her attractive. In so many ways. Both as a maverick and a comformist. I like the total package. --Jim Broede

No comments: