Friday, March 9, 2012

Grateful for being a blessed lover.

Often, I think of my home as the world. Any place I'm at in the moment. Whether it be Sardinia or Minnesota or Arizona. But maybe my true home is wherever I feel most free. And that may not be Arizona. Where I am now. I sense that I am not at home. It's not my most comfortable place. I don't feel fully free. I feel out of place. Uncomfortable. I'd rather be in Sardinia. Or Minnesota. I'd rather be in easy and ready contact with my Italian true love. That's best accomplished in Sardinia. Where she lives. And where I spent much of autumn and winter. Minnesota ain't bad either. Because when I'm there, I have daily contact with my true love via Skype, an audio/video connection. But when in Arizona, we sometimes don't connect. I have to rely on other people's computers and technology. Maybe that can be fixed. By getting my own laptop computer or I-Pad. Very soon. Because I want to feel at home. No matter where I go. Won't be easy. I'd have to become a technical whiz. Which would take a miracle. I'm a natural born romantic idealist/lover. But I'll never be blessed with technical/mechanical talent. It's beyond me. But still, I am grateful. For being a blessed lover. --Jim Broede

No comments: