Saturday, March 31, 2012

I like variety in my life.

More and more, I'm becoming addicted to bicycling. Not sure if that's the same as biking. I now own two bicycles. One is virtually new. In perfect working order. The other needs a new crankshaft. I'm getting it fixed. Because it's my favorite bicycle. Which I bought used. Several years ago. For $89. I've put several times that amount into repairs. I'm bicycling about 1,000 miles a month. Not on long trips. But circular routes of several miles. Near home. It's not unusual for me to spend two or three hours a day on a bicycle. I also walk every day. Maybe 10 or 12 miles. Sometimes a brisk 13-minute mile. Maybe it's that I'm addicted to exercise. Don't think I overdo it. Because I find it all relaxing. Comfortable. I initially took up bicycling because I had a sore foot. Maybe from all the walking. But the foot isn't sore any more. So I blend walking and bicycling. And this summer, I'm gonna try to get addicted to swimming. I like variety in my life. --Jim Broede

No comments: