Monday, March 26, 2012

I'm acquainted with a 'Crab Lady.'

I know someone I've tagged, 'The Crab Lady.' Yes, truly a crab. I've been thinking about her tonight. If I were her friend, I'd try to get her to recognize that she's a crab. And that it really does her more harm than good to be so crabby. She gets upset and crabby far too easily. Over relatively trivial stuff. Seems to me that she's gotta learn to recognize and acknowledge it, and become less crabby. If I were a true friend, I'd be able to tell her that I privately call her the 'Crab Lady.' I'm not proud of it. And I'm more an acquaintance than a friend. So I haven't told her this to her face. But that's the first impression she made on me. Being a crab. My guess is that other people have gotten the same impression. I think she's got some serious mental problems, which may be the result of some bad experiences in her life. She really needs psychoanalysis. To get well again. But then, I suppose we all are a little bit sick. Mentally. Everybody has a hang-up or two or three. --Jim Broede

No comments: