Saturday, March 31, 2012

Just because I want to.

I've known people that didn't want to live. So they committed suicide. Including my father. A long time ago. If I stumble across people of similar ilk/persuasion, I try to see that they get psychotherapy. And I might try to sell them on the benefits of living a while longer. But if in the end, they take their own lives, I certainly don't grieve forever. I may even conclude that they did the right thing. For them. That was certainly the case with my father. I'll concede that he made the wise choice. For him. Not everybody is suited to continued life. They are happy ending it all. And so maybe it's best to be happy for them. Rather than sad. My guess is that even god is happy for them. That maybe he personally encouraged them to check out. Could be that's the positive way of looking at suicide. On the other hand, I want god to allow me to live forever. Just because I want to. Because I have the desire. --Jim Broede

No comments: