Thursday, March 22, 2012

My displeasure with capitalism.

There's gotta be an economic system better than capitalism. Not sure that I know what it is. But I'm for exploring systems that more evenly distribute the wealth. Narrowing the gap between the rich and the poor. Seems to me it ain't moral to have an ever-widening gap. Of course, morality is in the eye of the beholder. And some people think it's the right thing to allow everyone to make unlimited amounts of money. Maybe so. But I ain't buying it. That's not the standard I'd set if I tried to imagine the ideal society. In Paradise. In Nirvana. In Valhalla. And right here on Mother Earth. Meanwhile, I accept the world as it is. Gotta deal with it the best I can. Knowing that I can't always have my way. Anyway, I wouldn't want the authority to run the world. Or for that matter, I wouldn't even want god's authority. Too much responsibility. But nothing stops me from sounding off. At expressing my displeasure with capitalism. --Jim Broede

No comments: