Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My true love comes first.

I'm where I wanna be at the moment. In Arizona. Watching the Chicago Cubs play baseball. It's spring training. I like the feel of a baseball team getting ready for another season. Maybe a losing season once again. But hey, spring is a time of hope. And time to dream. Maybe the Cubs are in for a miracle season. Winning it all. For the first time since 1908. But it really doesn't matter. I'll settle for a team that wins as many games as it loses. And I'll dream of being a professioinal baseball player. Making a living by playing baseball. Wow! That's almost as good as having an Italian true love. Almost, that is. My precious true love comes first. So I'm happy. Just the way I am. In love. With life. With the Cubs. With my true love. --Jim Broede

No comments: