Monday, March 19, 2012

What my god tells me to do.

I'm with two of my great grandchildren. Oliver and Emma. How I reached this point, I don't fully know. Guess it has something to do with the fact that I've lived to 76. And that when I married, the deal came with a ready-made family. Two children. A step-son, 8, and a step-daughter, 12. In other words, a head start. So there have been grandchildren and great grandchildren. Maybe I'll be blessed to live long enough to have great great grandchildren. Which is okay. I'll accept that without complaint. It's sad that my wife, Jeanne, didn't live long enough to see the great grandchildren. She died five years ago, of Alzheimer's. We were married for 38 years. Of course, I'm dreaming that Jeanne can still see the great grandchildren. From the spirit world. That would be nice. And just the way I'd arrange the world -- that is, if I were god. Meanwhile, I'm gonna assume that god and I see eye to eye. And heart to heart, for that matter. That one way or another, life becomes eternal. Lasts forever. In loving ways. All I know is that I'm in love. With life. That's what my god tells me to do. Love. Love. Love. --Jim Broede

No comments: