Saturday, March 17, 2012

Yes, we deserve each other.

I've learned to treat myself nicely. But it's amazing how many people I know that don't treat themselves nicely. It's almost as if they dislike themselves. So they inflict punishment. On themselves. Strange, isn't it? Throughout my whole life I've known such people. My mother. My father. My sister. My brother. And so many others. I treat myself as a VIP -- a very important person. Why not? I deserve such treatment. Because I'm special. Maybe that sounds egotistical. But that doesn't bother me. Better that than people I know with low self-esteems. They often harm themselves. Because they don't fully believe in themselves. Occasionally, I believe in others almost as deeply as I believe in myself. That goes for the two true loves I've had in my life. Of course, that goes for my current Italian true love. I want her to believe in herself. And she pretty much does. Though like most people, she may have an occasional doubt. But she shouldn't. She's got everything that's essential in life. Including love. I treat myself nicely. By wooing her. I deserve her. And she deserves me. That's the way I look at it. Yes, we deserve each other. No doubt about it. --Jim Broede

No comments: