Friday, April 27, 2012

A divine experience. For everyone.

Some people don't want to be figured out. Don't want to be understood. They don't wanna even be understood by themselves. Let alone by me. That's how I turn off some people. I ask too many questions. I probe. And ultimately, I alienate. Not everyone, of course. But many, many people. I expect it. Doesn't surprise me. Because I understand the nature of people. Or so I assume. No doubt, I could be wrong about my personal assessments. My analysis. But it's up to others to set me straight. That is, if I'm wrong. And usually I'm right. Yes, right on target. I'm a good listener. That's why I'm on target. But some people don't listen. Even to themselves. Or they lie. Not only to me. But to themselves. It's a sad state of affairs. But occasionally, I see people wake up. They face the truth. And that becomes a divine experience. For everyone. --Jim Broede

No comments: