Sunday, April 8, 2012

I refuse to be annoyed.

I'm swearing off the Chicago Cubs. For a while. For how long and to what degree, I don't exactly know. Probably until the Cubs get their act together, and stop losing games in agonizing manners. For now, I choose not to subject myself to the annoyances of life. Oh, I'll still stay in touch with the Cubs. By checking the scores daily. After the games are over. And if the Cubs lose, I won't bother to check how they lost. If they win, I may choose to read about it. That's my way of taking the Cubs from a distance. Because I'm hooked/addicted to the Cubs. I'm still capable of taking the Cubs in small doses. From a distance. Without being annoyed. Mostly to satisfy my innate curiosity. But I refuse to allow myself to be annoyed by the Cubs. Or by the other trivial goings-on in life. --Jim Broede

No comments: