Friday, April 13, 2012

I'm the unholy devil.

I'm good at alienating some of my neighbors. Which I don't mind doing. Especially if they are Republicans. The ultra conservative ones. Makes me feel good. If they get pissed off. I shouldn't do it. But I tend to be naughty. Guess that's the nature of politics. Politicians are inherently naughty. Don't think of myself as a politician. Instead, I just like to chide people. About their politics. When there's an election, my neighborhood turns into a sea of lawn signs. Virtually all of 'em swearing allegiance to Republicans. Over and over again. I see the name 'Michele Bachmann.' It's nauseating. I even get phone calls. Directly from Michele Bachmann. She invites me to participate in a public forum. Where I can listen to her rant and rave. Used to think of it as comic relief. But when I started puking, I had to give it up. I have neighbors in love with Michele. They literally worship her. They bow down and kiss her feet. Her fat ass, too. Pay all sorts of homage. It's as if she's a goddess. If that's what she is, classify me as an atheist. I'm a devotee of Barack Obama. He's my hero. Means that I'm considered an unholy devil in my neighborhood. --Jim Broede

No comments: