Sunday, April 8, 2012

No matter what.

I have great power. I can affect an individual life. Almost as much as god can. Not only affect my own life. But another's. For instance, the life of my Italian true love. I chose to cultivate this relationship. I didn't have to. Neither did she. But we chose to affect each other's lives. Dramatically. If we hadn't made that choice almost five years ago, our lives would have taken different paths. Perhaps very different turns. Of course, it would be easy to say that god intended all of this. That god fated that we come together. But then, maybe there isn't a god. And even if there is a god, maybe god didn't give a hoot. And left everything up to us. Free choice. I suppose it really doesn't matter. Whether our choice is free or not. Because I'm enjoying and savoring life. No matter what. --Jim Broede

No comments: