Sunday, April 8, 2012

Still able to spout venom.

Yes, I should avoid getting emotionally upset. I know it. But sometimes I test myself. To see if I can still get royally pissed. A way to vent. Rather than burying my anger deep within. Did that this afternoon. Had a spat with my neighbor. Over something relatively trivial. But still, I was very much annoyed. Maybe not rightly so. Because I thought my neighbor was lying to me. So I called him a liar. Even though he might have been telling the truth. Don't know for sure. In cases like that, I should give him the benefit of the doubt. But I didn't. And so I berated him. And he knew my blood pressure was on the rise. I wanted him to know that I was pissed. Which isn't always a good idea. Means that I may be a little bit out of control. And when that happens, I'm in danger of losing the argument. And I often end up apologizing. But alas, there's something good about feeling pissed. Genuinely pissed. Knowing that I'm able to spout venom. --Jim Broede

No comments: