Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The happiest couple.

Until a few days ago, I was known as the bicycle man. By a youngster. But now I'm known as Broede. And I know the youngster's parents. Brian and Cici. And it's possible they are the happiest couple in my neighborhood. For many reasons. Not the least being that they have two youngsters. And life is good. They live in a nice big yellow house on a lake. And Brian is employed. In a good job. With a medical supply company. Which gives him opportunity to travel in Europe. On business. And Cici teaches first grade. In a public school. They moved into the neighborhood. Maybe two or three years ago. Many times I passed Brian and Cici while riding my bicycle or walking. But we never bothered to get introduced. Until I steered my bicycle into their driveway. And boldly announced that it was time for introductions. Because I'm on a mission. To meet my neighbors. And to start calling 'em by name. My ultimate aim is to learn something significant about each of my many neighbors. People living within a half-mile radius of me. I still have many to go. Anyway, Brian and Cici met when they attended the same college. Winona State. They fell in love. And got married five years ago. They honeymooned in Italy. Around Tuscany. And in Florence. So we have something in common. I live half of the year with my Italian true love. In Sardinia. And I'm recommending that when Brian and Cici return to Italy some day, they come to Sardinia. Where I'll show them a good time. --Jim Broede

No comments: