Saturday, May 19, 2012

I've learned to live. Happily.

I'm able to live happily. Reasonably happily. From day to day. Of course, I can't say that every day I've ever lived has been happy. But the unhappy days have been few and far between. All the more reason to take life one day at a time. Because the odds are stacked heavily in my favor. I inherently and instinctively know it's gonna be a good day. And if something goes wrong, it's probably fixable. I've even learned to make a bad day a good day. A bad experience, a good experience. For instance, I was a care-giver for my Alzheimer-afflicted dear sweet wife for 13 years. Not exactly what one would call good times. But eventually, I learned to salvage something good from each day. And I still savor the goodness. My time actually being in love. Truly in love. Which allows one to put up with the bad times. And concluding that it was worth it. I wouldn't trade the experience. Because it's helped me become what I am today. Happy. Ultimately, what once seemed bad turned out to be good. So many events in my life. Some that led to grief. But the grief dissipated. Disappeared. Evolved into a feeling of love. Pure love. And that offset the negativity. Presto. Today it's a positive. Helped me to better understand and embrace the concept of happiness. Yes, I've learned to live. Happily. --Jim Broede

No comments: