Friday, May 4, 2012

My eternity.

Life is remarkable. Yes, I never cease to be amazed. By the awareness that I'm a conscious, living human being. I don't always stop to think about it. But when I do, I can hardly believe it. The circumstances. That brought about my birth. My existence. Lots of things had to happen. Coincidences. The very fact that my mother and my father happened along, and met. And married. For the sake of convenience. Rather than for love. And then procreated. Exactly when they did. On a particular day. I could so easily have never been. And some day, I will be no more. But here I am. Very real. At this very moment. Not only remarkable. But incredible. Fantastic. I came from nothingness. And maybe that's where I'll go again. Into nothingness. With no knowledge that I ever lived. Of course, the most remarkable thing is my ability to imagine everlasting life. It's comforting. To have an imagination. It's allowed me to create myself. And to fall in love. With someone. With life. Maybe for only an instant in time. But I keep reminding myself. That this life I am living is my foreverness. My eternity. --Jim Broede

No comments: