Friday, May 25, 2012

On becoming enraptured.

I'm for making dining a ritual. Maybe even a religious experience. Especially the evening meal. Savoring small amounts of a variety of foods. Maybe an entre of chicken or fish. Nicely marinated. A fresh vegetable. A potato. A salad. A fruit plate. Bread. A beverage. The important thing is to take my time. Maybe 90 minutes. No hurry. I never gorge myself. Most people that I know would eat my supper in 15 minutes. Over and done with in quick order. That's a sacrilege. Dining should be like making love. It's gotta last. And have a spiritual quality to it. I've written about this before in my blog. It's becoming one of my favorite subjects and endeavors. I'm a particularly slow diner when I'm with my Italian true love. Her presence tends to slow me down. Creates a desire in me to make the good things in life last and last and last. Ideally, to go on forever. I'm learning to apply this principle to everything. So that I become enraptured in/with life. --Jim Broede

No comments: