Saturday, May 5, 2012

What would Nelson Mandela do?

Think about it. It's not the worst thing in the world to be a communist. Or an atheist. One can be a good communist. And a good atheist, too. Just as easily as one could be a bad capitalist or a bad monotheist or a bad Christian. Personally, I'd rather be a good something rather than a bad something. And I'd rather be honest than dishonest. Thing is that we tend to peg people. In negative ways. Especially in America. It's a national trait. To bad-mouth people. Especially those on the opposite side of our spectrum. I'm a little bit different. In that I like people. Even bad capitalists. And bad Christians. Because I'm supposed to respect my enemies. If not love 'em. If somebody does me wrong, I'm supposed to give serious thought to forgiveness. I don't know why. Other than I have an innate feeling about right and wrong. I keep asking myself such questions as what would Nelson Mandela do? --Jim Broede

No comments: