Monday, May 7, 2012

Yes, I love my addictions.

I really am addicted. To exercise. Mental. And physical. I write every day. Thoughts. Anything that comes to mind. I allow the thoughts to come naturally. The same way that I perform physical exercise. With a rhythm. Today I pedaled my bicycle for 35 miles. Mostly along a circular one-mile route. Repeatedly. I was in a semi-hypnotic trance. I had an earphone radio turned on. Listening to the news. And to sports. And to classical music. And then I walked/jogged 4 miles. In an hour. A nice, easy-going, relaxed pace. And I took 90 minutes to eat supper. Slowly. And I read the newspaper. And a book. About philosophy. Socrates. And before I go to bed, I'll write a love letter/email to my Italian true love. So that it will be waiting for her in the morning. When she gets up. Which will be about the time I go to bed. There's a 7-hour time difference. That's right. I have another addiction. To my true love. Yes, I love my addictions. --Jim Broede

No comments: