Sunday, June 10, 2012

Enough to make my day.

I've decided to no longer feel frustrated when my Chicago Cubs baseball team loses a game. Instead, I'm gonna focus on the wins. Albeit, they are relatively rare. At the moment, the Cubs have the worst record in the major leagues. But the Cubs won today, for only the second time on a just completed 10-game road trip. And I'm savoring the elation that comes over me when the Cubs win. Doesn't bother me that the Cubs are in last place. I'm happy when the Cubs win a game. Occasionally. I'm able to settle for little blessings. Doesn't have to be a big blessing. Something nice happens in my life every day. Even if 10 things go wrong, something is still bound to go right. Might as well focus on that. Appreciate it. Embrace it. Feel good about it. Imagine that. The Cubs won. That's enough to make my day. --Jim Broede

No comments: