Wednesday, June 13, 2012

She'll buy almost anything.

A lady that used to live in my neighborhood was back for a visit the other day. I met her at a garage sale. And we chatted. About lots of things. For a while, I thought she might be joking. Putting me on. About her doubts about the legitimacy of Barack Obama's birth certificate. My impression is that she's a reasonably intelligent woman. But no, she wasn't kidding. She's picked up on conservative Republican and racist thought that Obama ain't an American. And therefore doesn't deserve to be president. It's another indication of the gullibility/stupidity of so very many Americans. Or maybe it indicates they are racists. In the lady's case, I suspect it's more a matter of gullibility. I'd probably be able to sell her the Brooklyn Bridge. She'll buy just about any cock and bull story. --Jim Broede

No comments: