Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Drifting through space and time.

I like being me. Alive. Conscious. Healthy. In love. With someone. With life. If I had my choice, I'd live like this. Forever. One day at a time. Moment to moment. Savoring it all. I'm 76, and counting. Maybe I shouldn't be counting. Maybe I should become less aware of time. I'd like to live outside of time. Where time doesn't exist. I suspect there's such a place. Where gawd/god lives. Come to think of it, I dislike the term gawd/god. Turns me off. I prefer creator. Or the force that brought me into existence. Anyway, I'm not sure what life is all about. Could be that I don't even have a clue. Though I'm thinking that I do. Which means I could be fooling me. The thing is, I'll need forever to figure it out. And maybe even then, I won't. Because, if I do, I'll be gawd/god/creator. And that's blasphemy, isn't it? Maybe I'm not supposed to make sense of anything. So I'll continue to drift. Through space and time. --Jim Broede

No comments: