Thursday, July 26, 2012

Makes me sad and disappointed.

Maybe I'm being too judgmental. But hey, I gotta be honest about it. I think Mitt Romney is an indecent human being. A liar. A cheat. A hypocrite. I don't trust the guy. Especially if he's in a position of power. Such as president of the United States. I trust Barack Obama. Because he's a decent human being. Shows that I also can be judgmental in a nice and positive way. But for now, I'm convinced that Romney is a scoundrel. He's constantly changing his positions on political, economic and social issues. Taking whatever position best suits his audience of the moment. He takes liberal positions if he's running for governor in liberal Massachusetts. And he takes ultra conservative positions when he's seeking the Republican nomination for president. His fellow Republicans even see through Romney. They know what he is. Indecent as indecent can be. But they still tolerate him. Because they'd rather have an indecent lying president than a decent honest president. Republicans are generally opposed to human decency. Yes, opposed to political compromise. That's supposed to be the nature/essence of politics. Compromise. Accommodation. For the sake of decency and fairness. So that both sides get something. For a long time, that was the American way. That made America great and decent. But now America has become weak and indecent. Because of the likes of indecent politicians/human beings such as Romney. Makes me sad and disappointed. --Jim Broede

No comments: