Wednesday, July 4, 2012

No sweat living in Paradise.

I'm sweating. But I'm not complaining. Despite a heat index of 110 degrees. It's supposed to feel like that today. A blend of the high temperature and high humidity. Here in Minnesota. Maybe a sign of global warming. I'll take it. Partly because I have no choice. So I try to make the best of it. Just walked for three miles. Back and forth in my lengthy driveway. Where it's shaded. And later in the day, I'm committed to a 30-mile bicycle ride. After which I can go for a cooling swim. In the lake. And if it's still hot and humid tonight, I'll turn on the air-conditioner. And dine in cooling comfort. Yes, life is good. Wouldn't matter if it was winter. And 30 degrees below zero. Because I like brisk, fresh air, too. Once again, I'll make the best of it. But half of the year (autumn and winter) I'm living in Italy (in Sardinia). With my true love. Where I have yet to see snow or a freezing temperature. Winters are mild. Not too cold. Not too hot. Yes, no sweat living in Paradise. --Jim Broede

No comments: