Saturday, September 22, 2012

A price for one's own mind.

Don't always want things to go my way. For good reason. Helps me learn to cope with the ups and downs of life. If everything went right, life would be too easy. Maybe too boring. I once assumed that god was a lucky fella. Because he'd have the power to make everything go his way. But then I thought, a truly good god would just let things happen. Even shit. God would rather shirk responsibility for everything. And leave outcomes up to the rest of us. To individuals. Sort of takes god off the hook. And assigns responsibility to the likes of me. Imagine that. God gave me a freehand. To make my own decisions. Means I make my share of mistakes. Some costly and derelict. But hey, that gives me a sense of freedom. Of being an alive and conscious being. I make judgments. About my life. And even about other people's lives. I'd have it no other way. If I merely followed the dictates of a commanding and dictatorial god, I'd be a programmed robot. Guess one has to pay a price for having a mind of one's own. --Jim Broede  

No comments: