Friday, September 7, 2012

The best way of all.

In some ways, it's just as well that I don't speak Italian. Because I'd cultivate contacts and relationships that might make my Italian true love nervous. Such as extensive chit-chats with total strangers. I'd find that fascinating. And I'd cultivate contact with complete strangers on my daily walks. I would diversify. As it is, I am focused heavily on my true love. Which is satisfying and fascinating. I'm making the best of my limited knowledge of the Italian language. And taking advantage of Italians that speak English. But imagine what I'd be doing if I spoke fluent Italian. Instead, I narrow my focus when in Italy. Which is all right. Because I become more an observer. I see so much. And I think about what I see. And the significance of it all. And I see so much of Italy through my true love's heart and soul. Which may be the best way of all.--Jim Broede

No comments: