Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A blessing I've lasted this long.

When I was 7 or 17 or 27, I never imagined living to 77, and counting. That would have been thinking way too far ahead.  And it would have seemed like a remote and unlikely possibility.  And that if I got that far, I would be a doddering old man. Well, I'm still walking 10 miles a day, or riding a bike for 30 miles. And I have an Italian true love. Which allows me to spend half of the year in Sardinia.  And hey, life ain't so bad. Of course, I have more years behind me than ahead of me. But the surprising thing is I don't think much about it. Because I deal with life one day at a time. I've learned to not get ahead of myself. I don't think about being 87 or 97 or 107. My focus is on today. And tomorrow. Because it'll be the fifth anniversary of the day I met my Italian true love. Therefore, it's a blessing I've lasted this long. --Jim Broede 

No comments: