Saturday, October 13, 2012

Love is my everything.

Every day, I become more pissed. About Barack Obama. He might well lose the election. And not gain a second term. And he's the one at fault. For not adequately selling himself. And his administration. And the cause of liberals. Obama sits in the White House. And dilly-dallies. He's not the same Obama that got all hyped up when he ran for president in 2008. He's lost his enthusiasm. It's as if he wants to lose. He doesn't want a second term. He is letting us all down. Everyone that voted for him. Obama should have at least announced a year ago that he doesn't want the job any more. And the Democrats should have picked another nominee. Perhaps Hillary Clinton. Instead, it's almost as if Obama is ceding the election to Mitt Romney. A despised Republican. Likely to rule very much like George Bush. Yes, the guy that took a budget surplus and in eight years turned it all into a huge deficit and an economic crisis. And  engaged us in two unnecessary and obscene wars.  And widened the gap between the rich and the poor. Yes, Obama's administration has returned some semblance of sanity and balance to our politics and economy. But there's still a long way to go. But if Obama abdicates, as he seems to be doing, all these gains will be for naught. Lost under a Romney regime. Leaves me despondent. Which is out-of-character for me. But I despair. And grieve. For my nation. If Romney and the Republicans gain a strong hold of our government, I may well flee. To another country. Where I can mourn. From a distance. But I will still pursue happiness. With my Italian true love. She's more important and more valued than my country. Turns out, love is my everything. It's gotta sustain me. --Jim Broede

No comments: