Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My most basic human right.

Many people keep imagining that they have problems. One problem after another. They tell me I'm a Pollyanna. Or an idiot. Or both. Because I tend to deny having any serious problems. Guess I don't know any better. I'm happy. Even when things go wrong. When my Chicago Cubs lose. When my favored candidate loses an election. When the weather turns cold or rainy. I've learned to make the best of bad situations. To the point of feeling good about life. I'm not supposed to do that. Instead, I'm to mope and grope and lament about my multiple, endless array of unsolvable problems. But I'm able to escape. To my hideout. My cocoon. And live in my own fantasy world. I insist on protecting my sanity. That's my most basic human right. The protection of my sanity in a crazy world. --Jim Broede

No comments: