Sunday, November 25, 2012

God must be dead to be alive.

I’m up at 3 in the morning. On Sunday. In Italy. And pretending momentarily that I’m back in Minnesota. Where it’s 8 in the evening. On Saturday. It’s a game I like to play. Going back and forth in time. Imaginatively.  Now I’m gonna try something new. Projecting  myself beyond time. Outside of time. And that’s difficult. If not impossible. That is, unless I die. Maybe that’s the trick. Time stops. With death. It’s a different sort of existence.  Or maybe it’s nothing. I came from nothing. And I return to nothing. That raises the question. Is nothing something? It’s just that I can’t be nothing when I’m a living human being. Possibly I become a spirit. Because my sense of it is that spirit is a physical nothing. But that doesn’t rule out the existence of spirit. A spirit could hover in the nothing. And be aware of something.   Such as the physical world. Without being in it. Maybe that elevates one to the same level/plateau as the creator. Which means that god has to be dead in order to be truly alive. Outside of time. –Jim Broede

No comments: