Wednesday, November 21, 2012

In order to protect one's privacy.

My Italian true love has an image. That she’s built. Over the long, long history of living in her hometown. It began when she was a little girl. And it’s been added to. Piece by piece.  I don’t think it’s an accurate image. Because my true love has evolved. In ways that the hometown folks haven’t seen. Haven’t perceived. Instead, the image is based on old and outdated impressions.  Whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing, I don’t know. But it’s inaccurate. Because I know my true love. Close up. Intimately. Accurately. My true love doesn’t necessarily want the record  set straight. Which is all right. Fact of the matter: Sometimes it’s best for longtime acquaintances to not know too much. In order to protect one’s privacy. –Jim Broede

No comments: