Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I ain't gonna change the world.

Living in a totalitarian and corrupt country may not be so bad. Because one can still find freedom. In solitude. In relative isolation. Maybe with a handful of friends. Kindred souls. That’s one of the nice things about life. The ability to adapt to hostile situations. Most likely, one has to become anonymous. Inconspicuous.  Ignored. Of course, one could choose to be a revolutionary. And actively work for change. But that could be dangerous. Risky. Depends on one’s inclination. To fight or not to fight the system. When I was younger, I wanted to change the world. Now I’m running out of time to accomplish the impossible. So I tend to retreat. To take a less active role. I write. I brood. Maybe that’s good enough. Because I know. I ain’t gonna change the world. –Jim Broede

No comments: