Sunday, January 27, 2013

I'm already in another world.

I’m not mechanical. Don’t like to be mechanical. The last thing I wanna be is a mechanic. Maybe it’s because I have no mechanical ability/aptitude. Or it could be the absence of desire to learn things mechanically. Have no idea how a car engine works. Don’t want to. Abhor buying products that come packaged and need to be put together. Yet, I’m curious. About philosophy. And abstract spiritual matters. That stuff fascinates me no end. Think of myself as a romantic idealist. Capable of forming and practicing romantic thoughts and way of life. Writing a love letter. Or a love poem. That’s my thing. Going for a walk. Along a seashore. Or in a primeval forest. I’d rather climb a mountain than become a mechanic. Yes, I’m aware that the mechanics design the spacecraft that take us to another world. But I’m already there. –Jim Broede

No comments: