Thursday, January 31, 2013

Is god a liberal or a conservative?

I’m a political and social liberal. Which makes me happy. And contented. And generally, I don’t allow political and social conservatives to bother me. I tolerate ‘em all. Usually, with good  and biting humor. Don’t mind if they take offense. But they don’t offend me. Because I see humor in their positions. I laugh. Especially at the one’s that take themselves seriously. Some people avoid discussing politics. And others have absolutely no interest in politics. Maybe they’re the smart people. The well-adjusted. They have far better things to do in life than become immersed in politics. Maybe the funniest people of all are the actual politicians. Usually driven by sizeable egos. Especially if they’ve been elected and re-elected. They think it’s an attribute to be shrewd and manipulative. They would make successful used car salesmen. They have mastered the art of duping everyone, including themselves. They think of politics as a laudable and decent pursuit. Lord knows, maybe it is. Maybe god, himself, is a politician. If so, that poses a question. Is he a liberal or a conservative? –Jim Broede

No comments: