Thursday, January 31, 2013

This is me & where I can be found.

Wonder how many of us  merely mark time. Waiting for something to happen. Maybe nothing in particular. Seems that’s what I’ve done during periods of my life. For instance, after my dear sweet wife Jeanne died six years ago. I marked time. Just waited. To see what would happen next. Maybe that’s a good way to live. Letting destiny take over. Go with the flow. Rather than have a set plan or course.   Maybe when one takes life one day at a time – that’s marking time. Probably doesn’t matter, I suppose. One deals with life. As it comes. Used to think that ‘marking time’ was being negative. That one needed resolve. To do something. To plan ahead. For instance, to become a journalist. A writer. Guess what I’ve really done, though, is to better define myself. In order to know who or what I am. A romantic idealist. A spiritual free-thinker. A political liberal. A dreamer. A lover. So I proceed. I’m all those things. Because that’s the way I  live. In that sense, I’m not marking time. I am dedicated to living my self-defined roles. I’ve even decided to get business cards printed. Identifying these roles as my lifetime occupations or pastimes or pursuits. And that I can be easily accessed  at http://broedesbroodings.blogspot.com or jbbroede@hotmail.com or by my listed telephone number. When I meet a stranger, I can hand out a card. Declaring this is me. And where I can be found. –Jim Broede

No comments: