Monday, January 28, 2013

Those are grimaces. Not smiles.

Maybe many of us don’t know what we are doing. That we may be wrecking our lives. By living too fast. And under stress. Because we’ve become used to such a way of life. Fast and stressful. It seems natural. The way life is supposed to be. Thing is, we have options. We can choose to go slower. And to reduce the stress. To actually fall in love with tranquil living. To live in peace and harmony. Maybe that makes me sound a little like a Buddhist. Which I ain’t. Because I refuse to link with any organized religion. Another of my many personal choices. Tailored specifically for me. Yes, going with the flow. Of course, I could be wrong about the people that seem to be wrecking their lives. By fast and furious living. Maybe that is their natural flow. I shouldn’t be the one to judge. But fact is, I do judge. They seem so unhappy. Tense. Sleepless. Out of breath. I swear, those are grimaces. Not smiles. –Jim Broede

No comments: