Sunday, February 24, 2013

I want more pasta choices.

I approach pasta with an open mind. If left to her own devices, my Italian true love would cook only maybe 10 different kinds of pasta. Her favorites. Cultivated over a lifetime. But I think that’s too limiting. Therefore, when I go shopping, look out. I’m likely to come back with new and intriguing kinds of pasta. Stuff I want us to experiment with. And we do. Some we like. Others we don’t. We end up expanding our acceptable pasta list. I tell my true love, let’s keep open minds. Try new things. Not only with pasta. But in all sorts of ways. Another thing. My true love tends to be stingy with tomato sauce on the pasta. I like more. So I insist on a side dish of sauce. So I can keep adding, adding and adding. Our tastes are a little bit different. Which is all right. To each his/her own. –Jim Broede

No comments: