Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Italy, land of happy youngsters.

I’ve never seen a happier bunch of infants and young children and mothers. Yes, right here in Italy. Incredible. Back in the states, I see ornery children and unhappy mothers too often. But ornery is a very rare instance in Italy. Maybe it’s because Italians know how to raise children. Maybe Italian parents, especially mothers, are a kinder and gentler sort. Don’t fully know what it is. I’m merely speculating. Maybe Italian mothers like being mothers more than mothers in the USA. The Italian mothers carry their babies and push them in baby buggies and strollers. I see ‘em out on the streets every day. Even in bad weather. Their children get plenty of fresh air. And lots of loving attention, I presume.  Little wonder that they are happy. –Jim Broede

No comments: