Monday, February 25, 2013

The naked truth.

I talk to my Italian true love every day. And she talks to me. About private things. Things that I never write about. Yes, a private life and a public life. My writing is public. Except for the love letters. Anyway, I like the blend. Mostly, I venture naked into the world. With little to hide. Might as well be honest. Sure beats telling lies. Or masquerading. But I know people who wear masks. And hide behind facades. That’s fine with me. To each his/her own. I respect privacy. But I’m leery about lying. Don’t trust politicians. And liars. Often, they are one and the same. Some people wish I were more private. More secret. But I’ve always liked openness. The naked truth. Gives me a better understanding. Of the world. Of people. Of myself. –Jim Broede

No comments: