Saturday, February 23, 2013

The nature of the business.

My Italian true love genuinely loves life. Though she doesn’t always know it. She forgets sometimes. Fortunately, I’m around to remind her. Anyway, not everybody loves life. My dad, for instance. He committed suicide. A long, long time ago. And I’m aware of other people who declare that they hate their lives. Not sure that they really do. I’d question them. And see if it’s really true. As for my true love, one of the main reasons I love her is for her love of life. Even when she’s disgruntled over something that happened at school. I can still tell, she loves teaching. She’s the best. If all teachers were like her, the school system would function well. Thing is, though, not all teachers are in love. With teaching. Or with life. That’s the nature of the business. My true love has to learn to accept that. –Jim Broede

No comments: