Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Instead of reading it, I'm living it.

I lead a charmed life. Doesn’t mean that everything flows to perfection. Instead, it’s a life full of dreams that come true. Maybe I don’t have everything. But hey, 90 percent ain’t bad. And who knows? Maybe I’ll get the other 10 percent sooner or later. Of course, that’ll take living forever. And as long as I’m alive, that remains a possibility. Not sure that I really want to write my own life script. Maybe I’d rather just let things happen. Like living in a story. And not knowing the future. If I were to know what’s coming next, it’d rob me of the joy of anticipation. I’m patient. I can wait to see how things unfold. Really, there’s no predicting. No way could I have seen the life of the past five years coming. Yes, the entry of the second true love of my life. After the first one died. Which allows me to split my time between America and Italy. Thus a charmed life. Just like in a storybook. But instead of reading it, I’m living it. –Jim Broede

No comments: