Sunday, March 31, 2013

Traveling in life's slow lane.

I’m a cool cat. Because I plan in cool ways. To keep me out of stressful situations. By giving myself plenty of time to live. The right way. Slowly. Ever so slowly. With ample time to do big things. And little things, too. Everything. My Italian true love wanted to get me off on my return flight to the U.S. a little too efficiently. Wasting no time. But I’d rather have time to waste. To deal with any unexpected difficulties. She said it would be all right to get to the airport 75 minutes before my flight takes off. That’s cutting it too close. I insisted on 2 or 3 hours. Speculating that we might encounter long lines. Checking bags. Or passing security.  Or a traffic delay on the way to the airport. Turns out nothing went wrong. Might have been all right to follow true love’s original plan. But hey, my scenario gave us more time to focus our love on each other. Having a leisurely breakfast at the airport.  No rushing. No hurry. Yes, I need time to savor true love.  The nice things in life. Without stress. That’s what I am teaching my true love. I’m a master at it. The best. She’s still something of a novice.  But no need to worry. I’m a good teacher. So is she.  But I’m the better teacher when it comes to traveling in life's slow lane. Eliminating  the hurry. Reducing the risks of stress. –Jim Broede

No comments: