Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What is life all about?

The computer. Makes it so much easier to write. Easy to erase. Or to insert words. To rearrange. I like this way of writing. And preserving the written word. Even when I had to write words with pen and pencil. On paper. I loved to see the words. That I created. Words with meaning. When I was a youngster, so very many of the words lacked meaning. True meaning. They were just words. But now words are meaningful. A single word can convey all sorts of meaning. A few words can become a poem. Or a loving thought. I was born into this world with virtually no knowledge of words. Can’t remember my first word. Maybe it wasn’t a word. But mere meaningless sound. Testing. Testing. To see if I could find a word. St I could communicate. With others. But mainly with myself. I was soon asking, what is life all about? –Jim Broede

No comments: