Sunday, April 14, 2013

Following the dictates of my heart.

Facts and truth. On which to base my life’s decisions. Maybe I’m stupid. Because it’s difficult for me to grasp facts and truth. Much of it is guesswork. Therefore, I don’t always rely on logic. I distrust my mind. Instead, I follow my heart. My emotions. My inner sanctum. I’d rather be soulful than mindful. It’s a struggle. Trying to do the right things. Admittedly, I can’t always make up my mind. But as for my heart, I know what’s in it. Often with great certainty. That’s why I became a romantic idealist and a spiritual free-thinker and a political liberal. People may suggest that I’m crazy. Maybe even an idiot. But that’s all right.  Doesn’t necessarily matter how I’m perceived. As long as I’m following the dictates of my heart.  That’s where I find my truth. –Jim Broede

No comments: