Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I really do feel superior.

I like to take stands. Positions. On this and that. On almost anything. On serious matters. And nonsensical issues. That’s a way of testing myself. I ask, ‘Do I really believe what I’m saying?’ Might depend. On how well I’m listening. I allow others to challenge me.  If they make a better case, I may shift my stance. Of course, many times they don’t. Thus fortifying my slant. Often, it doesn’t matter. Someone may ask if I like the weather. And I really don’t care. One way or the other. But I’ll take a contrary position. Just to stir a debate. Or to be funny.  Then there’s the typical perfunctory question, ‘How are you?’ And I reply, ‘Perfect. Superior. Infallible. Better than everyone else.’  Some people take me seriously. As well they should.  Because often enough, I am. I really do feel superior. Nothing wrong with that. It’s a good feeling. –Jim Broede

No comments: