Monday, April 22, 2013

Not tomorrow. But today. Now.

My Italian true love too often focuses on stuff that makes her furious. Italian politics, for instance. Or the bureaucracy in the school system where she teaches. Makes her distraught. Even despondent.  She actually loses sleep. Fretting over things she can’t change. But I’ve issued her a challenge. Give me a list of things that you love. Things that make you happy.  That’s the stuff you should be focusing on, I tell her.  So, do it. I refuse to be furious. Or hateful. About anything. Instead, I occupy myself with loving thoughts. About how wonderful it is to have a true love. To have her in my life. Even when she becomes furious. Because that presents me with a challenge. To make her see  the good side of life. And to savor it. Not tomorrow. But today. Now. –Jim Broede

No comments: