Thursday, May 30, 2013

Being a mere tax-paying patriot.

I pay my taxes willingly. No cussing. No protest. It’s the patriotic thing to do. And I wouldn’t object to a tax increase for a jobs program geared to expand and repair the nation’s infrastructure.  Don’t like every way that my government spends money. Too much goes to war and defense. But I recognize that it’s right and proper for the government to levy taxes. Especially for programs that serve the common good. I’d eliminate tax code loopholes that allow some rich individuals and corporations to pay little or no taxes. That’s grossly unfair.  I’m willing to sacrifice a portion of my income for my country. But not my life. I’ll leave that contribution to the super patriots. My preference: Being a mere tax-paying patriot. –Jim Broede

No comments: