Saturday, May 25, 2013

By savoring the simple life.

There’s my world. And the rest of the world. But for me, it’s really only one world.  My world.  The one I’m exposed to. That I live in. My immediate environs.  And the people I’m linked to. Friends. Acquaintances. Strangers. I hear about happenings around the world. Not everything, of course. Very little, in fact. Stuff over which I have virtually no control. Much of it goes ignored. Totally. Makes living easier. Simpler. I exist and live in my domain. My little niche. My exclusive world.  Where I find my reality. I accept it.  The only world I’ve got. Gotta try to make the best of it. Centuries ago, I would have known very little of the outside world. Maybe now I know too much. It can be upsetting and frightening. Makes me wonder why I’m so very happy. Maybe it’s that I don't make life too complicated. By savoring the simple life. In my world.   –Jim Broede

No comments: